Education & Certifications
- Certified Turnaround Professional
- MBA, Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
- Bachelor of Arts, St. Olaf College
Affiliations & Memberships
- YPO - Gold
- Turnaround Management Association
- The Economic Club of Chicago
With more than 30 years of experience as a financial advisor, corporate executive and turnaround manager, Craig has extensive knowledge of the inner workings of business and how to successfully navigate and resolve complex issues. He has dealt with a broad spectrum of corporate challenges — from underperforming companies seeking to improve growth and profitability to stressed and severely distressed situations.
Craig is regularly called upon by corporate boards, senior executive teams and private equity firms for his ability to cut to core issues quickly, negotiate for consensus and position businesses for greater value.
Craig joined AEG in 2000, shortly after the firm’s inception. He has extensive operational and financial expertise from working with public and private companies across a broad range of industries. He has served on corporate boards as well as in a variety of fiduciary trustee positions. Craig also serves as Managing Partner for AEG Capital, the firm’s capital markets affiliate.
Select examples of Craig’s restructuring experience include:
- Chief Restructuring Officer for a troubled roll-up of architectural millwork manufacturers / installers. Facing a severe liquidity crisis, the CRO role was essential in building consensus and executing a viable path forward for the business.
- Chief Restructuring Officer for a stressed international manufacturer of automotive tooling and bending machines. In that role, Craig stabilized a quickly deteriorating business and orchestrated a sale to strategic buyer.
- Receiver for a pipe coater for the energy sector. Stepping in as court appointed receiver after protracted negotiation between ownership and its lender, Craig oversaw the sale of operations and related real estate.
- Financial Advisor for a for-profit education firm. Craig advised the company through a series of operating challenges, helped plan and execute teach-outs of underperforming schools, and developed an innovative in-court process to execute the sale of the business.
Craig has held restructuring roles at Addition Manufacturing, American Paper Group, Creative Memories, Desa, Familia Dental, Folio, LaBarge Coating, PBE, Phoenix Brands, Pennfield Corporation, RiverMend Health, Scientech, Spencer N Enterprises, Stein World, USA Millwork, and Yacht Haven Grande, among others.
Prior to AEG, Craig ran a variety of private equity, corporate finance and corporate lending units at Bank of America and predecessor, Continental BankCraig joined AEG in 2000, shortly after the firm’s inception. He has extensive operational and financial expertise from working with public and private companies across a broad range of industries. He has served on a number of corporate boards as well as in a variety of fiduciary trustee positions. Craig also serves as Managing Partner for AEG Capital, the firm’s capital markets affiliate.