Education & Certifications
- Certified Turnaround Professional
- MBA, Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
- Bachelor of Science, St. Olaf College
Affiliations & Memberships
- YPO - Gold
- Turnaround Management Association
- The Economic Club of Chicago
With more than 25 years of experience as a financial advisor, corporate executive and turnaround manager, Craig has extensive knowledge of the inner workings of business and how to successfully navigate and resolve complex issues.
He has dealt with a broad spectrum of corporate challenges—from underperforming companies seeking to improve growth and profitability to stressed and severely distressed situations. Craig is regularly called upon by corporate boards, senior executive teams and private equity firms for his ability to position businesses for greater value, cut to core issues quickly, and negotiate for consensus.
Craig joined AEG in 2000, shortly after the firm’s inception. In addition to serving as Managing Principal of AEG Partners, Craig serves as Principal and Board Member for AEG Capital, the firm’s capital markets affiliate. He has extensive operational and financial expertise from working with public and private companies across a broad range of industries. He also has served on a number of corporate boards as well as in a variety of fiduciary trustee positions.
During his career, Craig, has been named Chief Restructuring Officer, President and advised Boards for many companies, including: Vatterott Educational Centers, Pennfield Corporation, Spencer N Enterprises, Desa Corporation, American Paper Group, Folio, Inc., Titanium Solutions, Scientech, and Stein World, among others.
Representative engagements include:
- Business Transformation: As Interim President to a $100 million revenue consumer products company, Craig led the process of stabilizing the company, addressing supply chain issues, establishing proper inventory and cost controls, and leading the management team in the creation of a comprehensive business plan.
- Restructuring: In the role of financial advisor for a large non-profit education firm, Craig designed and led the company through an unprecedented sale method, while managing severe liquidity and other operating challenges.
- Board Advisor: As advisor to the board of a strategic acquirer of an underperforming information management company, Craig led the due diligence process, identification of cost rationalization initiatives, and the development of the post-close business plan.
Prior to AEG, Craig ran a variety of private equity, corporate finance and corporate lending units at Bank of America and predecessor, Continental Bank. There he specialized in turning around underperforming units.
Board of Directors
- Craig has served on the board of directors for numerous companies, including NCP Solutions, Collins Brothers, and Scientech.
- Board of Directors Chair, Partnership to Educate and Advance Kids
- Governing Board Chair Emeritus, Holy Trinity High School
- Board of Directors, Big Shoulders Fund