Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Accounting, Bentley University, Waltham Massachusetts
Affiliations & Memberships
- Turnaround Management Association
Dave has over 25+ years of experience working with a wide range of companies as both a corporate executive and strategic advisor. He has worked extensively with both healthy and stressed businesses on financial and operational matters within private equity, family owned and publicly held environments.
Dave’s expertise ranges across the corporate spectrum, where he has successfully managed debt and equity financings, acquisitions and related integration, divestitures, plant consolidations, cost reduction programs, accounting controls (including SOX implementation), information systems (including ERP implementation) and legal dispute resolution. In addition, his leadership roles have included managing supply chain, human resources and sales. Dave has significant, hands-on experience in manufacturing and sales in China, Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East.
Download Full Biography >>
Dave has worked in a wide range of corporate situations, including prior restructuring work with AEG Partners, managing distressed companies through bankruptcy and eventual sale to maximize estate recoveries. Dave re-joined AEG in July of 2016 after a series of increasingly responsible corporate leadership roles, including:
- As Managing Director of AEG Partners, Dave has led operational improvement and restructuring engagements representing both debtor and creditors. Industries include medical device manufacturing, internet marketing, logistics, automotive part manufacturing, and commercial real estate industries.
- EVP and CFO of Panasonic Lighting Americas, a leading manufacturer serving the commercial lighting industry, with broad responsibilities including finance, legal, information technology, human resources as well as international sales. Dave successfully led multiple corporate initiatives including the restructuring of domestic and foreign businesses, implementation of new ERP systems, and the acquisition and integration of several strategic businesses.
- Vice President and CFO of Chicago Metallic Corporation, a family owned manufacturer of building products. Dave’s role included developing and implementing strategies in North America, Europe, Asia, China and the Middle East, financial reporting, internal controls, risk management, legal, supply chain, information technology, and resolving complex business issues. He also facilitated various “family office” functions including tax and estate planning.
- Dave co-founded and served as EVP and CFO of Metalforming Technologies, Inc., an automotive component manufacturer. He identified acquisition targets, developed the management team, negotiated acquisitions and arranged financing for the roll-up of seven automotive companies. Dave led the consolidation and integration of all acquired businesses and negotiated with automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers.
- As VP and Treasurer of Transportation Technologies, Inc., a publicly traded manufacturer of freight cars and heavy-duty truck parts, Dave managed lender and investor relations for publicly held equity and debt. Dave also facilitated two major acquisitions and various public and private debt placements.
Dave began his career in public accounting, where he obtained his CPA certificate, and worked for the firms of KPMG Peat Marwick (New York office) and Ernst & Young (Minneapolis and Chicago offices). Following that, Dave held various positions at the private equity firms of Trivest Inc. and TMB Industries. In his private equity role, Dave had significant experience in acquisitions, divestitures, financings and also operating roles in various portfolio investments including food processing, packaging and other industrial companies.