Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- MBA, Operations Management, DePaul Kellstadt Graduate School of Business
- BS, Accounting & Finance, DePaul University
Affiliations & Memberships
- Board of Directors, Holy Trinity High School
Michael J. Hornig
Senior Director, AEG Partners
Mike has over 30 years of experience providing senior strategic advisory expertise as well as serving in CEO and CFO roles in various service businesses and at private equity and venture capital firms. Mike takes a clear-eyed approach to identifying issues and crafting solutions to corporate financial and operating challenges.Mike has served as a key team member of AEG Chief Restructuring Officer and Debtor Financial Advisor engagements, assisting clients in reviewing strategic alternatives, restructuring negotiations, and managing forecasts and 13-week cash flows.
Download Full Biography >>
Professional ExperienceMike’s career started in private equity with Bank of America Private Equity Partners, where he played a key role in the development of the PE platform and management practices. As CFO at a growth oriented independent PE firm, Mike has broad industry experience, working with numerous companies across a wide range of industries. His subsequent experience includes more than 10 years as a corporate advisor and working in the CFO role for businesses across a wide range of service and manufacturing industries.
Recent AEG engagements as well as prior experience includes:
As part of Chief Restructuring Officer team, facilitating the sale of multi-plant manufacturer through an out of court process, managing liquidity for a closely held manufacturer of building products, and serving as interim CFO of a real estate investment firm.
- Interim CFO for a variety of closely held and private equity owned businesses, including in manufacturing, distribution, business services, and nonprofit industries. In those roles, Mike provided financial and operational leadership to address internal and external challenges and to facilitate growth.
- Senior Manager at a highly regulated Fortune 100 company, effectively managing the competing interests of various constituencies to drive performance.
- Leadership roles at nonprofit organizations, addressing the challenges of fulfilling their missions with limited resources.