Education & Certifications
- MBA from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Systems, Taylor University
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Taylor University
Kevin is an experienced business advisor and turnaround executive, with a consistent record of achieving quality results from strategic planning through implementation.
For the last 25 years he has advised companies across a broad range of industries, bringing deep capability in helping companies manage through financial distress, leading finance and planning functions, developing viable long-term strategies and implementing change initiatives.
Kevin has more than a decade of experience at restructuring firms AEG Partners and Chicago-based Stoneleigh Group Holdings; he also took the role of VP & GM of Transformation at NEC Corporation of America to help lead an internal restructuring and re-organization. In addition, he has held positions at several other professional services firms, including Pricewaterhouse Coopers and CSC Index.
Representative engagements include:
Restructuring: For a $100+ million multi-national manufacturer and distributor of arts and crafts supplies
- As financial and operational advisor, developed and led execution of a comprehensive restructuring plan that restored positive cash flow and allowed the company to fully repay over $10 million in remaining senior debt.
- As Chief Financial Officer and Chief Restructuring Officer, led the company through a successful Chapter 11 reorganization, resulting in the emergence of a fundamentally transformed business while providing substantial payment and go-forward equity interest to the unsecured creditors.
- Crisis Leadership: For a $50 million manufacturer of personal care and beauty products, acted as interim CEO through a period of crisis following allegations of product liability and the decision by ownership to abruptly shut down the company. Facilitated crisis PR, managed the day-to-day operations, and led a full re-branding and re-launch of the business on an accelerated timeline.
- Financial Management: For the US division of a global telecommunications and electronics company, led strategic transformation initiatives which included integrating six separate units into a single organization, forming a new leadership team and orchestrating a critical shift in the go-to-market strategy. In addition, implemented over $10mm in annual operational cost savings.
Court Process and Sale of Businesses, Assets: For an $80 million recycler of spent petroleum catalyst and producer of ferroalloy products with negative profitability and extensive environmental liability
- As financial and operational advisor, evaluated various alternatives for sale or shutdown of the operation, including both in and out-of-court options.
- Successfully guided the company through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy, resulting in the going concern sale of the profitable subsidiary and an operational wind down and idling of the primary facility, followed by sale of all remaining operational assets; counter to expectations, fully repaid the DIP loan, prepetition secured loan, and substantial unsecured debt.
Kevin is co-author of “Why Companies Fail,” found in the 2011 copy (and subsequent editions) of Strategic Alternatives for Distressed Businesses, West Publishing.